Thursday, April 30, 2009

The magic of Robert Neale's dollar butterfly



My material is still slowly evolving and getting refined; I know exactly what I need to do to make the presentation better. I just haven't taken the time to do my homework and rehearse the material (I haven't done this model since the last festival).

I think what I need to do is research some material from the field of physics and aerodynamics to give some bs rhetoric about Newton's First and Third Law, wind current and wing lift, upwash and downwash, angle of attack, etc....you know: Get them thinking there's a rational, scientific explanation (other than the simple, obvious one- I'm squeezing a lever).

Also, when someone does question whether or not I am pinching, I should hand it to them while secretly undoing the petal-fold, so he can try it himself. Sometimes, even handing the model to a person untampered has the person failing to make the wings flap.

No comments: