Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Storigami Time....



Anne Bedrick's teaching tale to deg farrelly's model has long been a favorite of mine. I hadn't told it in years, however, until last weekend, when I decided I wanted to include it in my Tarumpty Tum Tum transformation mechanism video. Should have rehearsed it first (my memory and delivery are not as polished as I once had it), but at least this should give you an idea of the power of the story and model. I flubbed the beginning when I said "snow begins to fall", instead of "snow begins to melt"; and I left out "...in the springtime, the flowers will begin to push up from the earth..."

Of course, I recite it in my own words, and did not memorize, verbatim, Anne Bedrick's story. The essence of it remains, but I think each storyteller should tell it in his own language, his own words that he feels comfortable with, and really "own it".

No comments: