Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Funnies- The Real Lives of Origami Figures



Source

While scavenging for Sunday Funnies cartoons, I discovered the work of Aaron Caycedo-Kimura.  I wasn't the only one, as Discover Nikkei has been republishing his collection of origami-related cartoons.

A brief bio on Discover Nikkei:

My mother taught me how to fold when I was a kid, and I've been folding ever since. Origami figures are fun to make and marvel at, but what are they REALLY like?
~~~
 Aaron Caycedo-Kimura is a visual artist and writer. A sansei born in Santa Rosa, CA, he now lives on the East Coast, where he earned a Master of Music at The Juilliard School in New York City. He is the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions for his paintings, and his poetry has been published in print and online. He works as a graphic designer and lives with his wife Luisa, a poet, in Connecticut.






No comments: