Sunday, September 24, 2017

Pasadena Origami Festival at Storrier Stearns Japanese Gardens


Meher McArthur:

Looking for something fun to do with the family this Sunday? Come to the Pasadena Origami Festival at the Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden, from 10am to 4pm. Come and learn how to fold flowers, animals and modular forms with expert folders like Joel Stern and Jared Needle of the Pacific Ocean Paperfolders (POP) in the gorgeous setting of our Japanese Garden. I will be giving a talk about contemporary origami art and signing copies of my new book New Expressions in Origami Art and my earlier book Folding Paper. 

So today I spent time at the Gardens teaching the Thai Tulip:




In between teaching, I managed to film Joel Stern telling teaching tales:




This one is a Storigami by Christine Petrell Kallevig:




Photos here.

No comments: