Sunday, August 05, 2018

Francis Ow's Love Birds

Like many in our origami community, I was charmed and in love with Francis Ow's heart-themed origami creations, along with the clever names for his models.  And like many in our community, I felt the pain of loss that his death brought to those such as myself who admired his work and personality, but never had the pleasure of opportunity in meeting him.  Greater is the pain felt by those who knew him, personally.  He will be missed by family, friend, and fan. 


Sara Adams:

"When the sad news of Francis Ow's passing reached me, I wanted to take some time to remember him and his loving, generous nature. I decided to fold something in his memory and chose a model from the free e-book he made available earlier this year. Indeed, it was the first model I folded after giving birth to Finn. Life and death were so close here, and I do hope Finn will have a full life and spread as much love as Francis did.
As a special tribute, I decided to make a tutorial on his "Love Birds", which I hope will continue to spread Francis' love through origami."

Video tutorial here.

No comments: