Monday, October 07, 2013

Encyclopedia Origamica



Completed October 7, 2013

I got home a few hours ago after a 13 hour drive from PCOC in Albuquerque. 

I wasn't able to get into Glenn Sapaden's class on how to fold this model set; but Arlene Gorchov was kind enough to teach it to me during late nite Sunday folding. 

15 single bills in total to complete the 12 volume series (the bookcase is made up of 3 bills).  The hardest bills for me to find were the ones with "1", "5", and "9" (The number that signifies which of the 12 federal banks the note was printed at).

In fact, I had to dismantle a Wensdy Whitehead dollar spinning tip top, because it was the only one with the number 9 that I could readily spot.  (I went through all my fresh bills immediately on hand, without luck).

I'll post a bit on PCOC, after I've recovered.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Technically the letter on the bill is for the Federal Reserve bank issuing the bill. All of the bills are printed by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in either Washington DC or Fort Worth, TX.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Thank you for the clarification!