Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How I mentioned your origami


Daniel Scher reports on the O-List that in last night's How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Episode 5 - The Poker Game, a reference was made to origami:

Ted: Well, call me Akira Yoshizawa…
[Quizzical looks from the other players]

Ted:…the world's most famous origamist…I fold. [Throws his cards on the table and walks out.]

*UPDATE* 10/16/2013 23:47

Chris Lott uploaded the clip in question:


*END UPDATE*


This episode reviewer notes:

  Ted WOULD know the name of the most famous origami artist in the world. His sheer exasperation when no one got his reference and he breathed, "I fold," was douche Ted at his finest.


In doing some light research, I found this:



Apparently, the show also featured something called an "origami stroller" in past episodes.

No comments: