Monday, June 09, 2014

Martis' 1st Sunday for June


Designed by Alexandr Pak


I'm posting this a week late.

Knowing Ron Fujioka would be present, I came prepared to revisit Alexandr Pak's Kawasaki rose in a pot, out of money.  I hadn't attempted another since the last meeting.  This time, after folding a regular Kawasaki and studying the closing method on the bottom, I was able to figure out the bottom close and locking method for the Pak rose. 

Fujioka has since been folding them successfully, as well.


Andrew described his encounter with Eric Joisel:




I regret never having met Joisel.  I did have a brief email correspondence with him around 2003 or 2004 (I sought his permission to fold and sell his rat on a small scale- a permission he gave). 


Photo from Hisako Tanji's camera (taken by Hank Morris)


More photos here.

No comments: