Saturday, November 17, 2018

Disaster Relief Ad Counsel commercial featuring dollar origami

Joel Stern recently inquired to the Origami-L about an ad that's been recycled in wake of the California wildfires.

While using the search function for any previous discussions about it on the O-List, I came across an email sent to me by a friend in December of 2012, linking to this upload.  I had replied that it had been a topic of discussion, and sent her this link.  But I don't know where I had previously seen the ad referenced and what the final resolution was. 

Digging further, via Google search, I think I finally solved the mystery of who worked on the ad


Following the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, Friesen worked with Ad Council on an advertisement that featured dollar bills folded into different origami shapes.

More recently, Friesen combined efforts with the Brooklyn studio to fold about 3,000 origami roses in three weeks. The roses were used in an ad campaign for LAIKA animation studios and Focus Features’ stop motion animation film, “Kubo and the Two Strings,” which will be in theaters August 19.
For Friesen, each project is different and an opportunity to learn something new.
“I feel fortunate,” Friesen said, “to have a job that I’m excited about every day.”

Here is Ben Friesen's website.


No comments: