Monday, September 15, 2014

Voices of LA Last Sunday

Joel Stern invited Lisa Tanashi and myself to help him at the Voices of LA Culminating Festival event yesterday, an initiative of the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles, promoting the diverse cultures found in Los Angeles:


A FREE, family-friendly celebration showcasing all five cross-cultural artistic collaborations commissioned specifically for Voices of LA. The day also includes a Food Stage hosted by Evan Kleiman of KCRW's Good Food and featuring some of LA's top chefs; interactive workshops; food trucks (kosher options); and multiple stages with klezmer, mariachi, Korean & Persian music and dance, plus other Los Angeles cultures.
The festival takes place in and around the renovated and historic 1929 campus of Wilshire Boulevard Temple in Koreatown.




Joel and Lisa taught origami workshops while I ran a booth showing off models and providing entertainment.  We were outdoors, and the heat was crazy hot. 



As is my historical wont, I keep missing the best moments with my camera.  I should have my GoPro run the whole entire time.  I had some great reactions and funny moments that did not get captured.


Photos.

No comments: