Sunday, March 30, 2014

Photo of the Day







Simon Chirgwin:


A photo that I really like - as soon as I saw the print, flicking through the packet I'd just got from Snappy Snaps, I thought, "Yes. Ooh. Yes." Which partly goes to show how carefully I have honed my critical vocabulary.
However, I also suspect that people passing by this on screen (and I write this without knowing what the thumbnail will be ) will go "nuh - double exposure" and pass on, while I knew it was a reflection in the window of Oxfam where there's currently a display of origami cranes.
Why this should make any difference to how I (or you) value the image is something that I can't put my finger on.
Whatever - this is part of a roll taken to see how Kodak BW400CN shaped up, and - IMHO - it shapes up very well: great blacks, crisp and sharp...


No comments: